Pioneers into Practice is Europe-wide professional mobility program for climate change professionals. It brings together people from industry, universities, non-profit and public organisations. Selected environmental experts will go through System Innovation training, prepare a group project with tangible outcome and receive a 2000 euros scholarship for a 1 month long professional internship in another country in Europe.
We are seeking for 2 coaches to lead the innovation systems course, carry out two workshops and support both local and international Pioneers in Estonia. Coaching period is from April to November 2019, however the maximum number of work done should not exceed 21 full work days.
Pioneers into Practice Program Timeline 2019
14. January – 4. April – Applications open for Pioneers & Hosts 26. April – Selected Pioneers and Hosts announced
26. April – 10. May – Placement Opportunities open 7. – 9. May – Introductory Workshop (facilitated by the coaches) 10. May – 28. June – Placement matching May – November – Group Project working (group work supervised by the coaches) 6th – 7th November - Final Workshop (facilitated by the coaches) 1st week of November – International Workshop and Innovation Festival (in Italy)
Additional Training opportunities
2 days in April – Optional Introduction to Systems Innovation Coaches Training (in Brussels)
1 day April – Train the Trainer for Head Coaches (in Germany)
Exact dates and locations will be announced soon.
All travel costs will be covered.
Work with a Local Manager to design workshop series consistent with program framework.
Deliver key messages in line with program guidelines.
Embed the delivery locations unique characteristics and challenges facing the climate change agenda into the coaching support.
Work with Local Manager to identify Group Projects and challenge owners, and oversee overall Group Project implementation in location.
Support local recruitment for Pioneers and Hosts.
Attend Train the Trainer workshop if new to the position
Disseminate training to local delivery team.
Coordinate at a European level to share learning and best practice through the wider Pioneers Coach team.
1. Passionate about sustainability and motivated to help young experts to reach their potential
2. Leadership or coaching experience needed for head coach
3. Workshop and group facilitation skills and experience
4. High level of understanding of transitions thinking (how to create change)
5. Good connections in the sustainability field in Estonia
6. Project management experience
7. English proficiency (the program is carried out in English)
What We Offer